Blog Posts


Tuesday 13 September 2016

The struggle is real...

I've been having a hard time with this whole parenting thing lately. I know I'm not alone in this, but I really am.

My husband is working away, for possibly the next two years, coming home the occasional weekend. It's great having him home, but I don't get time with him or to myself when he comes back. It's really hard!

So every morning I make breakfast for my son which usually consists of some sort of grain cereal and fruit. He likes to feed himself, so I give him a few spoonfuls and then he grabs the spoon from me or starts eating out of the bowl. This becomes incredibly messy and usually ends in a bath. Before I get a chance to have my breakfast, or even coffee, he's fussing and ready to get out of the highchair. To calm him I give him some cheerios so he's covered in head to toe in cereal and cheerios.

The babe has apparently started not wanting to bathe lately. As soon as I put him in the bathtub, he wants out. He starts standing in the tub and coming over to me to take him out. Man, it's so much easier when his Dad is home. Today I just poured water over him as opposed to bathing him. I'm going to buy one of those kiddie shower heads to make bath time easier.

Bedtime has become a hassle as well. He sleeps for about two hours and then wakes up screaming; it's terrifying. I try everything to calm him and the only thing that I have found that works is nursing him back to sleep. Last night he woke up as I was about to crawl into bed. I know it's such a bad thing to get in the habit of, but I brought him into bed with me last night. So basically every two hours he's crying cuz he misses me.

Ugh! I can hear thumping coming from upstairs, so he must have woken up from his nap... if he even went to sleep. I also smell poop somewhere, I don't know if it's me or if there's a dirty diaper somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment