Blog Posts


Wednesday 7 September 2016

Monster-in-Law

Do you have any special people in your life that cause you a great deal of stress?

My lovely MIL makes me feel sick to my stomach more often than not. I dread answering the phone, posting things on Facebook, receiving text messages, basically any meaning of communication.

EVERYTHING I post on Facebook receives a comment. I'm not only talking about things I post about my son, but I could talk about how great a weekend my hubby and I had alone and there would probably be a post saying we should have more of those from her.

My hubby is working away right now, so when he comes home we cherish our alone time as a family. I don't mean extended family, I mean my hubby, myself and our son. His parents come over EVERY weekend he's home. Sometimes they come over EVERY day he's home, meaning we don't really get any alone time. My MIL actually said to me one day that, hubby and I should have more alone time.

ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME!! We would love to have alone time, but when I say alone I mean the three of us without them. I'm pretty sure she means the two of us so she can watch our son. She would do absolutely anything to spend alone time with him. I know he's the only grandchild, but WE would like to have some family time. My hubby hasn't seen his son in a while and I would like them to bond so I can have some alone time.

I'm not quite sure how I can tell her how I feel. She's pretty emotional and seems to cry very easily over things that are not a big deal. I can't deal with emotional people. I find I'm more emotional now since having a baby, but I can handle my emotions when it comes to others; TV on the other hand is a whole different story.

My hubby has told them several times, but it just doesn't seem to get in their heads what he's saying. They would like to watch him for a couple of hours a week so I can have some alone time. I love spending time with my son and interacting with him. He's an active boy so you can't just hold him and sing to him or put him in his jumperoo. He needs to crawl and climb up on things, it's how he's going to learn. You may not be ready for him to crawl, just like how you weren't ready for your son to get married and have a baby. Guess what honey, my babe is not your son, he's mine and I'm not going to smother his growth and curiosity, it's important at this stage of his life.

When I was early in my pregnancy, she said multiple times how we need to wait to have kids. She wasn't ready to be a G-ma, or Grammy as she puts it (ugh, hate that name!) Surprise sister, we're having a baby and now you're stuck with me! Did I mention she took me out to Pizza Delight for a birthday lunch. You know what you get at Pizza D on your birthday? A free lunch!!

I could go on and on all night but I figure I should save a little more for another day. But seeing as she's my hubby's Mommy, I'm stuck with her..

No comments:

Post a Comment