Blog Posts


Monday 29 August 2016

Birthdays, for me or for him?

My son's first birthday is coming up. I am so excited for a couple of reasons. I love throwing parties and I it will be a whole year from the time I pushed him out of my vajayjay.

I didn't really have very exciting parties growing up, but they were pretty much what we could afford. My parties consisted of a campfire with roasting hotdogs, presents and a homemade cake. It is a great party, but it's the only thing I can remember, I don't remember activities or anything like that. I know my son won't remember his party either, but I will and I want it to BE THE BEST PARTY EVER!!

I have thrown two surprise parties so far and hopefully will be throwing a third next year (hubby turns 30!) so I have some experience with throwing parties. I want to do a themed party for my son, preferably Pixar, but I can't decide which movie I want to go with. We're torn between Monsters Inc and Up. I have so many great ideas for both but it will be my first kid birthday party so I don't really know what to do.

Maybe I should wait until he's older to do themed parties. When the guests are a little older they can better appreciate the awesome parties I'll be throwing with the themed food and themed games. Maybe I should join an event company so I can throw kiddy parties all the time with all the wicked ideas I have. IT WOULD BE SOOO MUCH FUN!! Man, I need to calm down.

If you need help planning any parties or need ideas, I'd be more than willing to share some of mine with you. I don't think I'll have enough birthdays to use all my ideas.

At this point in his life, I'm pretty sure the birthday parties are more for me than for him. What did you do for your kids first birthday party?

2 comments:

  1. Themed parties would be fun! I've thrown a few parties for my kids and they are too young to appreciate but I've always thrown themed ones. And it's so much fun. I honestly think you can do themed parties even when your baby is still too little. :)

    My son is turning one soon too. Happy Birthday in advance to your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to your son as well! I hope you have an amazing party and thanks for the comment!!

      Delete